The Westeros League: The Cape Wrath Seaworths

Posted by Mongo Thursday, October 25, 2012

We’ve finally reached the end of the league.  The last design is up and it’s one of my favorites just because of the hilarity of how it came up during the show.

Davos Seaworth has had a hard life.  He’s down a couple digits and was witness to the biggest “WTF” of the series so far, the vagina wraith.  Seriously, when I saw that I was like, “DAFUQ!?!?”

But Davos’ most hilarious tale was how he flies the flag of an onion on his ship.  That alone made his inclusion into the league a definite.  But… how do I bring an onion design to life in a league of animals, people, and flowers?

I tried to do this as a ship design, much like his sigil image from the Wiki of Ice and Fire entry.  
  
However, the design of the ship overshadowed the onion, dwarfing it.   Then, I went back and looked over the professional logos for some inspiration and it was obvious where I should go for the design,  The Tampa Bay Buccaneers. 

I took the Bucs design and used it as a guide.  I didn’t make it as tattered since the colors would blend and it be hard to see.  Instead of the cutlass holding up the flag, I went with a bastard sword, much like the Rangers’ design had.  For the text, I went with a less Tiki looking font and more of a pirate-y shredded one, maintaining a likeness to the Buccaneers’ logo.   As for the Skull and Cross Bones from Tampa Bay’s flag, I ditched the idea of including my own with an onion in the place of a football.  The onion here suffered the same fate as the original intention to use a ship for the design.  Instead, I left the onion front and center in the middle of the flag.  I did keep the black and grey coloring, even though I already had several ones using those colors.  

In the end, I was extremely happy with the overall design and it still makes me giggle every time I see it.  Then, I think, “vagina wraith” and I’m in a fetal position on the floor.

That concludes the designs in the Westeros League.  I hope you enjoyed these posts as much as I enjoyed creating the designs.  Stay tuned for a giveaway coming up in the near future.

The Cape Wrath Seaworth’s is available from my stores, now.

The Cape Wrath Seaworths
Available from Skreened and Redbubble


Smoke Anvil Unisex T-Shirt from Skreened: $26.99


Black T-Shirt from Redbubble: $24.54


Pullover Hoodie from Redbubble: $47.40


Sticker from Redbubble: $2.40


iPhone 4S/4 Deflector Case from Redbubble: $37.20


You can check out all of the Westeros League designs at Skreened and Redbubble.


0 comments

Post a Comment