Booby Traps for Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Posted by Mongo Thursday, October 1, 2009


October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. While I tend to be a little silly and juvenile in my humor, I am doing it here for a good cause. That’s why I am donating all profits I receive from sales of any item with this design at CafePress or Zazzle to a Breast Cancer Awareness group called Stacking the Odds. I won’t try and butcher their mission by explaining what it is they do, let’s just say it involves competitions that stack Oreos for Breast Cancer Awareness and they have a sense of humor. It was founded by a friend of mine. Being directly affected by cancer in my own family, I am all for any kind of help towards finding a cure, regardless of the specific type.

Here’s how it works. CafePress gives shopkeepers sales reports that can be filtered in many ways, including by design. I will use them to determine the total amount that will be donated, separate from any other sales I get from other designs. With CP only giving shopkeepers 10% of all sales through the marketplace, I am hoping to drive a lot of traffic directly to the shop in order to increase the profit I can donate. I plan on adding a widget of some sort to track sales of the design, but I need to wrap my head around that and figure it out. Hopefully, soon.

The design comes on all the standard productcs including mugs, buttons, tees, etc. If there is something that you particularly want, get in touch with me and we'll talk.

Try to keep the snickering to a minimum. Oh, who am I kidding? Laugh at it, point, click and buy something, anything, to support National Breast Cancer Awareness Month this October. Actually, support it any month because the design isn’t going away after October and I will continue to donate all profit I earn from Marketplace or Shop sales to Stacking the Odds. Spread the word to any and all.

As always, thanks for your support.

And….


Boobies.


There I said it.

0 comments

Post a Comment