Breast Cancer Awareness Tee: Names Will Never Hurt Me

Posted by Mongo Saturday, August 21, 2010

What can I say?  I'm a guy.   I'm also have experience in dealing with cancer among my friends and family.   That's why I am donating all profits from the sale of this design, through all my shops, to a worthwhile non-profit charity.  Stacking the odds is the unique and brilliant brain child of a friend of mine, Jen.  She has first hand experience with the disease since losing her mother when she was 11 years old.  Now, she is a crusader for a cure.  Stacking The Odds is an oreo stacking competition which has partnered with the Susan G. Komen for the Cure organization to help bring awareness to the disease and fund research.  


Unfortunately, she knows a smart ass like me who likes to be just a tad silly and juvenile and I offered to do a design for her to help raise money for the cause.  Of course, I at least gave her a heads up on what I was planning and she gave the go ahead, so, here it is.

 
Names Will Never Hurt Me
Available at Skreened, Zazzle, and CafePress on a variety of products.

As you can see, I worked long and hard with lots of hours dedicated to... um, research to come up with a slew of nicknames or slang terms for breasts.  After amassing over 100 nicknames, I began to fashion them all into the shape of a pink ribbon with the words, "Names Will Never Hurt Me" written underneath it.  The most difficult part was choosing the individual styles of each term to separate them from each other and also read well.  It took a total of three days to put it all together and I hope it sells more than any other design I've made because all.... ,repeat, ALL profits are going to Stacking The Odds.  Let's take care of the girls and find a cure!

0 comments

Post a Comment