The Westeros League: The Highgarden Tyrells

Posted by Mongo Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Kicking off the second half of the Westeros League, I went with the Tyrells of Highgarden.

I wasn’t going to include them, but sort of had to.  After all, Margaery plays a big role in season 2 of the show, as does her brother Loras.   The Tyrells are feisty, yet regal.  So, in that aspect, I guess they should be included in the league of designs.



Watch my Design It Video for
The Highgarden Tyrells

My biggest problem with bringing the Tyrells to life was how to adapt a rose sigil into a more anthropomorphic setting of mascots and logos.  There are not a lot of flowers that function as a logo or label for sports teams.  That led me to the only team that I could find that was based off of a flower, The New Orlean Saints. 

The Fleur de Lis design on the Saints logo only served as inspiration from the standpoint of placement of a Golden Rose.  The shield became more central to the logo.   The lettering, I thought needed to be somewhat regal and ancient.  I leaned towards Celtic or Scottish lettering styles for both the team name and motto.  The colors followed the described ones from the wiki page I looked at.   


You can check out my stores to see the Highgarden Tyrells gear:
The Highgarden Tyrells
Available from Skreened and Redbubble


Anvil Unisex Heavyweight T-Shirt from Skreened: $24.99


Heather Grey Girly Fit T-Shirt from Redbubble: $24.54


Hoodie from Redbubble: $47.40

Sticker from Redbubble: $2.40

iPhone 4S/4 Deflector Case
from Redbubble: $37.20
 


See all of the Westeros League designs at Skreened and Redbubble.

0 comments

Post a Comment